Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RESTING IN THE WRONG PLACE ???????

While I am on the subject of cemeteries there has always been a question in my mind of where my father would have chosen his final resting place.
All his family are in this cemetery except 1 sister and 1 brother and they are in the cemetery where he is buried.His first wife and the love of his life is buried in his family row with room on either side I'm sure for my dad.
All my grandfather's wives are buried around him in this row.
This is my grandfather with the mother of all his children.
This is grandfather's wife with who he had no children.
We could have done the same thing with dad as he only had children by 1 wife.
I was pregnant with my first child when dad died and I was left out of all the decisions for the safety of my baby.
My mother and brothers made all these decisions. But now my oldest brother is asking himself the question of where dad really would have liked to be buried.
If only some of us had thought to ask him at some point but we all thought he would live forever I guess.
I feel he definitely would have liked to rest beside his parents and brothers and sisters as well as both wives.
Sorry dad but maybe the realization of this makes a little difference.
For my brother to have that realization lets me know that maybe he has come to terms with the selfishness in my mother.
Who spent her married life bitterly opposed to all my dad's relatives even visiting our home.
I was mad at her for a long time over this and felt so sorry for dad who did his visiting on his own without her and mostly accompanied by me.
But now I feel sorry for my mother as there must have been deep feelings of inadequateness and she must have known how badly my dad missed Dottie.
This came out when he was dying as he talked only of Dottie,who he nicknamed Bird, in his delirium shortly before he passed away.
I have been pondering this for a while now and thought maybe writing it down will help my mind pass on over it as there is nothing to be done at this point about it.
Except to say, "SORRY DAD ".

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting story sweetie and the pictures are great.

    Some answers we may never have! Heehehehe!

    God bless and have a terrific day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete