Saturday, May 29, 2010

FOND FAREWELL

I have these pictures of Great Grandmother Susan, all were taken later in her life.Her 2 sons loved and respected her very much even as a 92 year old man,my grandfather had fond memories of his mother and his early life. I love the last 2 lines of this article, how true then , now and forever !!In the summer of 1994 my cousin Winnie from West Virginia , my oldest brother and I visited the old cemetery where she is buried. This is the hand ingraved or chiseled tombstone that marks her grave.Her last husband Bunion Huntley must have loved her very much to inscribe the long message on her stone. It is hard to read here but there is a copy above in the picture collage.A fitting resting place for a lady who left a legacy in her wake.Susan Pryor Connor Freeman Huntley March 1,1836--July 17 1922.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too found your blog very interesting...it's content held me captive for quite a spell..I loved all the text..and I also love those bonnets..I will visit again...Ginny

    ReplyDelete